Monday, March 22, 2010

Hunting


Hunting is an exciting sport. I had my first year of hunting in 2009 and shot my first deer. It was a little button buck and the antlers weren't showing yet. I remember it so well. I was hunting with Kip Grady in the woods near a little creek (the photo shows me reenacting my "moment" when my Grandma Lee visited in early March) and right at dusk three deer came walking toward us. Kip said "Look." At first I didn't see them but when I did my blood started boiling. I took aim and fired. One of the deer jumped straight in the air, at least four feet! It fell into the creek and we thought he was dead but he popped back up on our side of the creek and ran toward us. He came within five yards of us stopped and Kip finished him. We looked for the hole my bullet had made and when we found it, it was right to the heart. Kip called my dad and we celebrated with Big Red. I had a really fun time.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you like the photos I added. Great writing job again.

    ReplyDelete