Saturday, March 20, 2010

Basketball

You hear the pounding of feet, the squeak of shoes, the bouncing of a ball, silence, a buzzer, and the crowd goes wild!!! The Minnesota Timberwolves beat the San Antonio Spurs in overtime 88 to 86! What sport is this? Basketball. Basketball is a very fun sport that I play and love. My favorite team in the NBA ( National Basketball Association ) is the Minnesota Timberwolves. They definitely aren't the best team, one of the worst, and though the game above is fake I wish it were real. I have a rivalry against the Spurs, long story, and I hope that the Timberwolves can pull off a win against them. Some of the violations of basketball are no double dribbling ( dribbling, picking up the ball and dribbling again ) no traveling ( taking more than three steps with out dribbling the ball )and back court violation ( taking the ball behind the half court line after it has been taken in front of it. ) I have been participating in a league called Upwards for first to sixth graders but will be playing for my school next year.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, you're risking big time competition on the court when you challenge the reputation of the Spurs!!! Did you happen to hear about their game recently when they beat the Golden State Warriors on Fri. night 147-116!!!
    But of course you know I'm very proud and pleased that you're writing, reading, playing basketball, keeping your room clean (right?) and loving Jesus. I'm one of your biggest fans!!!

    ReplyDelete